Dear You,
Yes You , the one reading this.
I may not know your name, your age, life experiences, qualifications, or anything at all about you. Or maybe do I talk to you on a regular basis? Have we met? Could we even communicate if we were to meet face to face? Would you want to meet me? Do I want to meet you?
I can't answer any of these questions but I know without a doubt that this is therapy for me. It may not be the conventional, sit - down - on - a - couch - and - spill - out - your - deepest - darkest - secrets - to - a - trained - professional - for - hundreds - of - bucks - an - hour kind of therapy, but it works wonders for me.
I don't know if any one will read what I write and share on this blog but regardless it helps me to write it.
On one hand I would be mortified if anyone who I associate with on a regular basis found this blog and read this , but then again I feel more comfortable sharing things with strangers who can only judge me based on the limited info I share.
So here it is....
I had many paragraphs written and then deleted them. Man it sure is hard to put myself entirely out there.
I fear vulnerability. I fear how others will view me once they know just how screwed up my would is sometimes.
So that is what I have to thank you, the reader....or just the vast world web if no one happens to read this through, for. You don't judge me and yet I can express things here that I would never even consider telling someone face to face.
I usually comment regularly on The Middle Ages blog. I feel comfortably anonymous there. They know my name and in some cases the regulars know more about me than my own mother. But some things I still keep secret from that world as well.
This post seems so random and it jumps all over because I keep deleting details when I go back and re-read them. But again simply having an outlet helps.
It has been a rough day and I have though about a lot about myself today so I guess I just needed a release. Thanks for being there to catch my words and protect them in this vast world of anonymity.
No comments:
Post a Comment